December 6th, 2017 | #TAJDID-NEWS
Categories: There is no tags
Comments: No Comments
OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat
responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
OCHA’s mission is to:
- Mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
- Advocate the rights of people in need.
- Promote preparedness and prevention.
- Facilitate sustainable solutions.
The IHPF will be primarily aligned to support the delivery of strategic humanitarian response identified under the HRP while retaining the flexibility to allocate funds to unforeseen events or special requirements.
The IHPF will reinforce the leadership and coordination role of the HC by driving funding to needs-base priority sectors and geographic areas. The IHPF will also aim for a more inclusive approach by working with a variety of implementing partners in a complex operational environment. The IHPF has the following main objectives:
- Support life-saving and life-sustaining activities while filling critical funding gaps;
- Promote needs-based assistance in accordance with humanitarian principles;
- Strengthen coordination and leadership primarily through the function of the HC and by leveraging
- the cluster system;
- Improve the relevance and coherence of humanitarian response by strategically funding priorities
- as identified under the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP);